Fondazione Cortina 2021 is strongly committed to be sustainable in the long term and to leave a positive legacy: the organisation of such a big event will meet the needs of the present without compromising the ability of future generations to meet their own needs.
IT IS MADE OF FACTS
The event was born in compliance with the most current principles of corporate responsibility. First of all, the responsibility towards the environment and the local community that hosts the event.
The event meets high standards in terms of energy saving, efficient use of every resource and careful waste management.
FACTS FOR FUTURE
Fondazione Cortina 2021 will be an important occasion to gather experiences, work on the right sustainability practices and impart all this to the events of the near future.
IT IS REALISTIC AND AWARE
We are aware that the sustainability of the event cannot be seen as an absolute concept, but we aim to adopt any measures that allow to achieve the highest level of sustainability that is possible today.
IT GENERATES KNOWLEDGE AND SPREADS SUSTAINABLE IDEAS AND PRACTICES
It is a global event that aims to leave a positive legacy and become a reference model for the big winter events of the future.
Three essential practices
- Use of recycled materials
- Separate waste collection for the valorisation of resources contained in waste
- Reuse of material at the end of the event for recycling purpose
- Adoption of energy efficiency measures
- Footprint evaluation of the event, i.e. its real climate impact
- Compensation of CO2 emissions
- Certification for the sustainable management of the event released by independent, external bodies
- Adoption of the international standards ISO 20121:2012 and ISO 14064-1:2019
- Report to the stakeholders with numerical performance indicators.
According to the guidelines of the Italian Ministry of the Environment
LOCAL OR SUSTAINABLE F&B PRODUCTS
Organic or Fair-Trade certifications
Of the waste produced during the whole event
COMPENSATION OF DIRECT CO2 EMISSIONS
Through agricultural and afforestation projects